part four - bashing around london.

I went to shakespeare's globe theatre. 
sad day when I realized it's not the real building but a very recent replica. 
still cool to see what it WOULD have looked like!


I'd like to let you know I'm at a restaurant eating fish and chips and feeling very british. 
there's a platter of some boiled shrimp, that are still very much intact, staring at me. 
and I've a glass of lemonade. 
why is it clear, you ask? 
I can't say. 
does it still taste like lemonade? 
ya, not really. 
also...chips? 
french fries! 
who knew, right?

and as I sit here...I hear "ho hey" by the lumineers playing on the radio!! 
classic.

there's a sad old man sitting all alone eating his fish and chips with his gray scarf, plaid cap, and brown corduroy coat on the chair opposite him. 
makes me rather sad for him.

also...I had a thought. 
because they drive on a different side here than we do...should you walk on the opposite side of the staircase? 
so puzzling and I sometimes feel like everyone's coming at me from the opposite direction I'm walking. 
what do you think?

here they don't understand the word chips (when you're actually talking about chips. they're called crisps here), french fries (chips), elevator (lift), or pickles (gherkins). 
that's all we've encountered so far.

well...we're headed to see "kiss me kate" at the old vic theatre. tata!

No comments:

Post a Comment