part six - nether, netherland.

this morning we got a croissant at our favorite place ever and I got mint tea. 
awkward...because the mint plant the stuck in my cup kept slapping me in the face as I took a sip. :/


it's weird here...everytime someone looks like they're about to talk to me I say "hello" so they know I don't speak their gibberish language. 
sometimes they still do and then figure out the problem based on the lost and confused look on my face. 

we went to an art museum.
we then did some last minute souvenir shopping after getting our lunch at the french fry vendor...and are now back at the corrie ten boom museum. 
doing some last minute studying up before heading back home early in the morning.


it's bittersweet. 
I'm ready to be back...but I know after few days' return, I'll be ready to travel somewhere new.

on an amusing note...ever since the 1500s the church clock and rung for 30 straight minutes (from 9-9:30pm). 
it used to be to remind the villagers the town gates were closing. 
and they thought, "why not just keep the tradition going?" 
unfortunately the church is right next door to our hotel. 
oh the agony of that 30 minute gonging. 
golly.

No comments:

Post a Comment