imagine this:

an irish pilot talking over the intercom and a very british old man flight attendant serving tea.
I think I'm gonna like it here.


ok...have you ever had the good fortune to finally actually get comfortable while on a plane?
I mean actually legitimately comfortable?
ya.
neither had I...until this flight.
no one seating in my whole row.
I was stretched out. head on the window.
legs in the seats.
cuddled up with 2 extra blankets (that unfortunately have a district odor of a mix between a burp and b.o. or maybe that's just the guy sitting in front of me) and pillows.
listening to classical music.
ready to settle down for a nice 4 hour sleep...and the inevitable happened.
I had to use the restroom something awful.
I tried to resist the urge.
but I'd had 1 too many cups of tea and knew I'd have to give in.
(on that note...no matter how drowsy you are...ALWAYS REMEMBER TO PUT YOUR SHOES BACK ON BEFORE USING AN AIRPLANE LAVATORY. gross.)

also...I've realized a problem that may end up being a terrible nuisance on this trip.
while watching brave and trying to fall asleep, I noticed the voice inside my head developing a scottish accent "eef ye hahd theh chahnce te chenge yer fete...wud ye?" and I'm suddenly terribly worried I'm going to try to talk to the natives of england with my terribly fake british accent.
unacceptable and totally touristy.
egads.
that being said...I've landed in london.
LONDON!!

No comments:

Post a Comment